- Must hold an Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or show completion of 60 semester hours of coursework.
- Short-Term Substitute licenses are valid until June 30, 2023, and may not be renewed.
- Cannot teach more than 5 consecutive days per licensed teacher.
- Must complete a training program provided by the school district
- Go to www.isbe.net
- Click on “Teachers”
- Click on “Log in to ELIS”
- Click on “Login to your ELIS account” under “Educator Access”
- Select “Click here for first time access to the ELIS system”
- Create a user name and password using your social security number, birthday and other personal information
- Once logged in, click on “Apply for a Short Term Substitute License”
- Follow the steps in the application wizard. You will pay $25 plus a small convenience fee.
- You will be notified by Email from ISBE once it has been issued
Send your official sealed copies of transcripts to us. It must be from a regionally accredited university, and it must show at least 60 semester hours completed or an Associates Degree. If you hold a bachelor’s degree, please see directions on how to apply for a Substitute License on our Licensure Page HERE.
Send to our office at:
Madison County ROE #41
157 North Main Street, Suite 438
Edwardsville, IL 62025
Or by email directly from the university to: email@example.com
You will need to apply at each school district you would like to work at. Contact information for Madison County School Districts can be found here:
Fingerprinting will also need to be done before you can work in a district. Please call our office to schedule an appointment at 618-296-4530. Fingerprinting is $45.00, cash only.
The fingerprinting form is HERE.
Please contact the Regional Office of Education #41 at 618-296-4530 if you have any questions regarding the process. Thank you!