Updates from ISBE:
- ELIS FAQ
- Illinois Licensure Requirement and Content Endorsement Structure
- Guidelines for Individuals Completing an Illinois Educator Preparation Program
- Directory of Approved Programs for the Preparation of Educational Personnel in Illinois Institutions of Higher Education
What Should I Do Now?
Everyone must have an ELIS account to register, renew, or apply for licenses or endorsements.
• Go to www.isbe.net/.
• Click on "Teachers"
• Click on "Log In To ELIS"
• Click on "Educator Access"
• Click on "Click Here for First Time Access to the ELIS System" or "Sign Up Now"
• Fill out all personal information required and click continue
• On the next screen, you will have a confirmation screen – click continue.
• You have now created your ELIS account and can view your license, apply for new endorsements, update your personal information and much more!
Please note: The Regional Office of Education can no longer accept any paper forms or fees. When a transcript is required, it must be an official transcript. To be considered official, it must be in a sealed envelope from the university. All letters of recommendation and letters of experience must be original letters on school/company letterhead with original signature.
These documents may be sent to:
Madison County ROE
157 North Main Street, Suite 438
Edwardsville, Illinois 62025
OR: The university may send the transcripts via e-script to email@example.com. Please note: we do not accept e-scripts forwarded from the applicants, only those officially sent from the university.